A unique document in the history of holography, this first interactive encyclopedia is exclusively devoted to Holographic Art and the internationally reknowned artists who took over the scientific technique to express themselves in their own original creative ways.
• Research, concept and production : Georges Dyens
• Texts and commentaries : Georges Dyens
• Programming and design : Philippe Roberge
• Scanning and Editing of Still and Video Images : Martin Pelletier
MGD Productions and GRAM, Montreal, 2002
• Macintosh™ and Windows™ Versions
Price – individuals : 31 $ CAN
In an ironic and cynical tone, Loîc Connanski proposes a new audio and video performance in which an atrocious singer wearing a striped shirt stands in a juke-box where he sings a list of 52 one-liners for which the user can choose 4 different musical backgrounds. As Connanski states : “At last, retarded artists finally have access to multimedia.
• Concept and direction :
• Production team :
La Famà, O. Talouarn, C. Bouder, D.Dronet
Station Mir et Culture Commune / Scène nationale
Collection No(w)here , 2001
French version only for Macintosh™ and Windows™
Price : 65 $ CAN
The collected poems Les Murs des planètes open doors to a universe where words collide into powerful and troubling images. The cd rom La Cathédrale aveugle drives the reader into a visual and auditory aesthetic experience inspired by the book’s poems.
• Texts, artwork and animation
La Compagnie musicale La Nef
Ollivier Dyens, 2001
Original French Version/ Macintosh™ and Windows™
VLB Éditeur ,2001
Sales price: 25 $ CAN
The Mongolian Suite is a poetic journey in an imaginary Mongolia. We cross the desert, we climb the mountains, we carry stones, we walk on our knees as in prayer and words are cut with a knife.
• Original idea: D. Kimm
• Multimedia adaptation: Joseph Lefèvre and D. Kimm
• Text : D. Kimm
• Image: D. Kimm, René Donais, Chuck Samuels
• Music : Bernard Falaise, Maryse Poulin, Alexandre St-Onge, Nicolas Letarte, Malcom Goldstein, Marcelle Hudon
• Programming : Joseph Lefèvre
D. Kimm, 2001
French/English — Macintosh™ and Windows™ versions
Éditions Planète rebelle, 2001
Price : 25 $ CAN
UNCOMPRESSED is an interactive film that allows viewers to choose the path that they will follow. Finding themselves in the middle of a world not far removed from science fiction, viewers become involved in a story avout human cloning. Six character’s tales are told from their own perspectives. The interface allows the audience to view the tale from any of these viewpoints and to switch between them at interaction points.
• Creator and Project Director : Margi Szperling
• Live action Director: Solomon Trager
• Producer: Daniel Sormani
• Executive Producer: Craig Ashby, Margi Szperling
s u b s t a n z :
Original English Version
Macintosh™ and Windows™
Sales price – individuals: 65 $ CAN
Voxelations: Her Voice is an interactive work featuring kinetic image and text, and sound. It is a modular work that combines photographic images of real women, and images from the media, advertising and other representations in the public domain. The interface makes use of a linear structure, based on true stories from my mother’s personal history, and lateral, dislocating links that expose the persuasivness of media images.
• Photography, writing, design, sound and concept :
Steven McCarthy, 2000
Original English Version for Macintosh™
Price : 25 $ CAN