CALL FOR PROJECTS | LABSESSIONS #17
DIGITAL EMERGING ARTIST’S PROJECT PRESENTATIONS
DEADLINE : OCTOBER 25TH, 2019
Initiated by the Society for Arts and Technology (SAT) and coordinated by the Conseil québécois des arts médiatiques (CQAM) with the participation of Agence TOPO, Eastern Bloc, Labo NT2, OBORO, Studio XX and Vidéographe, Labsessions invite emerging artists working in the field of digital art to submit a new work-in-progress project for the 17th Labsessions event, taking place on Thursday November 21th, 2019, from 5 to 8pm at OBORO.
Labsessions aim to support emerging artists working in digital arts, and to give them the opportunity to showcase the work they do. Those events are also a networking place for artists, digital art organizations attendees and for various cultural workers.
Three projects will be selected and each artist will be invited to do a short presentation (or demo) in front of The artists do a short presentation (or demo) in front of a panel of artists-run centers representatives. Following the presentations and question periods, the partner organizations will provide constructive criticism through commentaries and suggestions.
In addition to the Labsessions, partner organizations might offer assistance to their sole discretion; which can take different forms depending on their respective mandate and resources (equipment loan, access to media labs, technical support, consultation or mentorship, access to an activity or a festival, etc.).
• You must be a Canadian emerging artist working in the field of digital art;
• Having an innovative project in progress;
• Only one project by edition;
• Meeting the deadline with an application form fully completed;
• Selected applicants should be ready to present their project to an audience for 15 minutes in English or French (pictures highly recommended).
• Artistic quality and originality
• Ability to realize the project
• Possibility of dissemination and impact
• Application quality
Application Deadline: Friday, October 25th, 2019, 5pm
The jury is composed of media arts organizations’ representatives. Only applicants whose projects are selected will be contacted.
Travel expenses will not be covered.
INFO & CONTACTS
Directeur création et résidences (SAT)
514 844.2033 # 214
Directrice adjointe (CQAM)